Great news for Mac & Linux users. Google Chrome can now be downloaded to be used on Mac & Linux systems.
This is basically a Developer version and Google recommends NOT TO DOWNLOAD, unless, you are a developer, as the browser can crash.
Download Link for Mac
System Requirements: Requires Intel CPU and Mac OS X 10.5.6 or later
Screenshot of Google Chrome for Mac OSX
Screenshot of Google Chrome for Linux
A Beta version of Google Chrome for Mac & Linux users is coming shortly ..
If you thought Microsoft’s Windows 7 desktop was cool, wait till you see Shock 3D, an OpenGL application that is under 3MB. The application turns all your icons/desktop into 3D, such that you can move them around like objects. 3D desktop action is not limited to only Linux or Windows 7 users anymore, see Shock 3D and you’ll know what I talking about.
A drawback of this app is that you cannot use your desktop normally as Shock 3D sits as a layer on top of your desktop. It is not a fully baked application to replace your desktop, but hey… give the developer a break !
Download Shock 3D
Related Content: Make your Windows look like Mac OSX
Ever wondered being able to change the colour and style of your Firefox browser at the click of a button, well thanks to the wonderful team at Mozilla Labs as its now possible. Personas are the new fantastic feature for Mozilla Firefox, change your browser to suit your current mood, feelings or personal taste without downloading individual skins. Personas are the new “light-weight” skins for internet users, offering simple designs that are simple to change when desired. All the changes to your browser are applied instantly with no restart required!
Getting Started With Personas
Personas are the newest feature straight from the Mozilla Labs. Personas are lightweight, easy-to-install and easy-to-change “skins” for your Firefox web browser. This latest feature has been introduced for several reasons:
* Themes today are hard to find, create and install.
* Who likes using the same theme everyday? Personas allow you to change your theme instantly.
* Personas can easily reflect your mood, feelings or hobbies.
Make Your Own Personas For Firefox
Firefox has always been an open source brower, meaning anybody can contribute to making firefox a better overall browser. Personas are no different and all the themes are designed by you the users. Anybody can make a personal Persona it is literally that simple.
Make a Persona featuring you, your favorite color, favorite past-time or even your pet! The options are endless. Personas can even be set to private if you don’t wish to share your personal styles.
Tweet-SQL is a set of SQL Server stored procedures that let you work with the Open Source Twitter API just by writing T-SQL code. You can do things like:
* Get the list of people you’re following into a database
* Retrieve their messages into a table
* Analyze who’s following who, and figure out who you should be following
* Compile metrics about what’s going on out there
* Simple deployment.
* Simple GUI for configuration.
* Stored Procedures for configuration changes with TSQL.
* Over 30 procedures to interact with the Twitter API.
* Flexible ways to deal with resultsets.
* No unfair licensing restricting you to a single Twitter account.
* Free updates for 1 year.
To get started, you’ll need a 30-day eval copy of Tweet-SQL. It’s free to evaluate, and costs £25 at this point of time.
The Twitter API is pretty darned powerful, and it enables you to do things like:
* Find out who your followers are following, which might be people you also find interesting
* Find influential people in your Twitter network
* Get recap reports of what links have been sent out recently, or what hot topics are out there
* Get peoples’ updates without actually following them directly
* Build a web-based equivalent to TweetDeck, with multiple user functionality