Series on Funny Laws of United States – Indiana
Indiana Funny Laws:-
– Waitresses may not carry drinks into a restaurant or bar.
– Hotel sheets must be exactly 99 inches long and 81 inches wide.
– If any person has a puppet show, wire dancing or tumbling act in the state of Indiana and receives money for it, they will be fined $3 under the Act to Prevent Certain Immoral Practices.
– A person who dyes, stains, or otherwise alters the natural coloring of a bird or rabbit commits a Class B misdemeanor.
– Anyone 14 or older who profanely curses, damns or swears by the name of God, Jesus Christ or the Holy Ghost, shall be fined one to three dollars for each offense, with a maximum fine of ten dollars per day.
– A sports agent is supposed to give a college 10 days notice before luring a star athlete into the professional ranks.
– A three dollar fine per pack will be imposed on anyone playing cards in Indiana under the Act for the Prevention of Gaming.
– The value of Pi is 3. (Not an actual law but it was a proposal that passed in the house of representatives and was postponed in the Senate.)
– It is illegal for a man to be sexually aroused in public.
– One may not sniff glue.
– A person must get a referral from a licensed physician if he or she wishes to see a hypnotist unless the desired procedure is to quit smoking or lose weight.
– Baths may not be taken between the months of October and March.
– It is illegal to sell cars on Sunday.
– Oral sex is illegal.
– A man over the age of 18 may be arrested for statutory rape if the passenger in his car is not wearing her socks and shoes, and is under the age of 17.
– It is against the law to pass a horse on the street.
– It is illegal for a liquor store to sell cold soft drinks or milk.
– You can get out of paying for a dependent’s medical care by praying for him/her.
– You may not reverse car into a parking spot.
– Smoking in the state legislature building is banned, except when the legislature is in session.
– Check forgery can be punished with public flogging up to 100 stripes.
– Pedestrians crossing the highway at night are prohibited from wearing tail lights.
– No one may catch a fish with his bare hands.
– Men are prohibited from standing in a bar.
– You are not allowed to carry a cocktail from the bar to a table.
– Drinks on the house are illegal.
– Drinking from your own bottle in a bar can lead to your arrest.
– You are required to pour your drink into a glass.
– “Spiteful Gossip” and “talking behind a person’s back” are illegal.
– State government officials who engage in private duels can be dismissed from their post.
– All males 18 to 50 years old must work six days a year on public roads.
– It is illegal to sell laughing gas with the intent to induce laughter.
– Mustaches are illegal if the bearer has a tendency to habitually kiss other humans.