Series on Funny Laws of United States – Iowa
Iowa Funny Laws:-
– It is a violation of the law to sell or distribute drugs or narcotics without having first obtained the appropriate Iowa drug tax stamp.
– A man with a moustache may never kiss a woman in public.
– It is illegal to accept a gratuity or tip in Iowa.
– One-armed piano players must perform for free.
– Kisses may last for no more than five minutes.
– Riverboat gamblers have a 5$ maximum bet.
– Tanning bed facilities must warn of the risk of getting a sunburn.
– A board was created to regulate among other things, hearing aids.
– You may shoot Native Americans if there are more than five of them on your property at any one time.
– Ministers must obtain a permit to carry their liquor across state lines.
– It is illegal to hunt from an aircraft.
– Doctors who treat a person with gonorrhea must report this to the local board of health and include the disease’s “probable origin”.
– All boxes used to pick hops must be exactly 36 inches long.
– An owner or employee of an establishment in Iowa that sells alcohol can’t legally consume a drink there after closing for business.
No comments yet.