Maine Funny Laws
– Shotguns are required to be taken to church in the event of a Native American attack.
– It is illegal to sell a car on Sunday unless it comes equipped with plumbing.
– You may not step out of a plane in flight.
– It’s illegal to clean salmon along Maine’s upper Kennebec River.
– After January 14th you will be charged a fine for having your Christmas decorations still up.
– It’s illegal to catch lobsters with your bare hands.
Louisiana Funny Laws
– Fake boxing contests are prohibited.
– You may not mock contestants at boxing matches.
– Urinating in the water supply may land you 20 years.
– A law was once passed specifically for the punishment of theft of craw-fish.
– You may not put a bed to the “ultimate test” before buying it.
– Alligator theft may land you 10 years.
– A $500 fine will be appointed to you if you tell a pizza delivery man to bring a pizza to a friends house without their knowing.
– Abortion advertisement can land you in jail for a year.
– It is illegal to rob a bank and then shoot at the bank teller with a water pistol.
– It is illegal to gargle in public places.
– Snoring is prohibited unless all bedroom windows are closed and securely locked.
– Biting someone with your natural teeth is “simple assault,” while biting someone with your false teeth is “aggravated assault.
– It is illegal to shoot lasers at police officers.
– One may not “dare” another to go onto railroad tracks owned by another.
– Taxi drivers are prohibited from making love in the front seat of their taxi during their shifts.
– Every time a person is seriously burned, he must report the injury to the fire marshal.
– If you use a “movable” without authorization you may receive up to 5 years imprisonment.
– Rituals that involve the ingestion of blood, urine, or fecal matter are not allowed.
– Goatees are illegal unless you first pay a special license fee for the privilege of wearing one in public.
– One could land in jail for up to a year for making a false promise.
– Prisoners who hurt themselves could serve an additional two years in jail.
Who says there can’t be any art in technology? Here I present, some visuals of the most expensive data centers in the world.
Pictured above and below, its the Microsoft’s top-secret data center – it surely is a piece of Art. Physically real, yet still beautiful !
Sweden’s Largest ISP:
This underground data center has greenhouses, waterfalls, German submarine engines, simulated daylight and can withstand a hit from a hydrogen bomb. It looks like the secret HQ of a James Bond villain.
And it is real. It is a high-security data center run by one of Sweden’s largest ISPs, located in an old nuclear bunker deep below the bedrock of Stockholm city, sealed off from the world by entrance doors 40 cm thick (almost 16 inches).
And here is what it used to look like:
Quite a difference, isn’t it?
Google’s offices are generally extravagant, but the Hong Kong office is an exception. This one is just basically a normal office, with Googly colors splashed around for good measure. Usual stuff like good pantry and games are still there.
Take a look…
Via: Office Snapshots